Friday, August 3, 2012

Break 101….

Various commitments has pushed us to break from flying over the next few days. On July the 31st, Mia could have flown but she had to be back for 3 days of work so Tuesday was a nice trip down to Park lake for some snorkelling and back to Mansfield where Mia headed back home.

August 1st, I had planned a trip up to Osoyoos to visit my brother from Rock Creek and deliver a solar panel hot water heater. At the end of the day I headed on back to Mansfield (with the mandatory “duty free” Scotch). Approaching the turnoff to Bridgeport I spotted a fire on the West side of Dyer hill  (see previous post for Video showing Dyer Hill) above Brewster. By evening the fire had roared to 8000 acres and had crested the ridge on the plateau :

P1000630

As the sun went down, this photo was taken from over 25km’s away. Still with a strong NW wind…. I went to sleep in Mansfield with a mental plan as to how I would evacuate, fortunately by morning they had held the line and we had no worries.

August, 2nd and 3rd. Further time off to address some work and side commitments…. the 2nd looked epic (through the smoke of the Dyer Hill fire). 

I finally got around to getting some photo’s up on my Picasa site, two albums from this year, Some Photo's of the local Mansfield wildlife (lots of birds) and Mansfield flying and local photos…..

Looks like we will back in the air on Sunday…..

No comments:

Post a Comment