Friday, June 10, 2022

A good kind of Rotor.....

 For Sale, Rotor Havana

If your a short skinny assed pilot, this might be a sweet option for a good price. After a few years of trying to enjoy the benefits of this well made harness I decided to sell it.  I'm 5'11" and 165 pounds, right out on the very limit of the fit.  

If your 5'9" up to 5'10" and weigh less than 160pounds it could be the perfect harness. (Manufacture came very close to making this a perfect harness but missed by just a few cm's...  ) 

The Rotor Havana is super well made but they are a race harness and need to have an exact fit. My fit made for a super clean rig but did not make for a comfortable "butt lever pitch control".  Stuffing on a couple extra layers for spring flying and it simply won't work.  

Zipper setup is the smoothest of all the harnesses. Getting upright is supper easy. I'm right out at the very end of the adjustment, a shorter pilot might find it to be a perfect fit. (Because of the fit, I did add a trim lock system that is easily removed)

I'm asking $1200 USD, essentially "new" with less than 50 hours air time.  I will not ship and I would want anyone interested to pick up and fit the harness before purchase.  I will be in Mansfield (Washington USA)  for the first 3 weeks in July if anyone cares to send me a note via the blog and arrange to drop by... Or if you are in Canada, I will be in Abbotsford through to the end of the month... Cheers!

(BTW, I'm planning to go back to my old smelly Moyes Matrix for now.....) 


 

2 comments:

  1. My rotor was approximately 3cm too short for me. They were able to make a shorter fiberglass boot insert for me which increased the effective shoulder to floor length. There is still room for my feet. Sounds like you have a circumference issue as well, but thought I’d comment on one aspect that some outside the box thinking was able to help. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, thought of that, overall too small, length and circumference, too many mods to make it work so I gave up, went back to a Matrix.

      Delete